XPEnology Community

XPEnology DSM 5.0 (Beta) for VMware vSphere ESXi

kmx236

If I already have 4.3 under esxi 5.5

Does it mean I can just change my boot vmdk to this one. And I can boot the vm and update the pat beta and done?

I am very afraid that the upgrade would corrupt the existing 4.3. I have no backup plan at the moment.

Thanks,

Hello all,

I install DSM 5 beta successfully on a ESXI version 5.1, I started the installation normally, and after the first reboot (when the error 22 appears), I removed the disk 32 MB and I put the downloaded file (the original) :grin: ....

Hi!

I created a boot image (vmdk) for VMware vSphere ESXi based on this loader.

In this loader replaced a serial number and mac-address and can now be used in parallel DSM 4.3 (or other version) and DSM 5.0 Beta. Download

Hi I created a VM with your boot-disk. Thanks for that. :cool:

The VM boots, but can not be found by synology assitant. :-|

Can you give me the root password so I can login and see what is wrong. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

can some one descirbe, how I can run this .vmdk in esx/vmware player.

Found no solution on google or in this forum, sorry.

I am new whit xpenology, but thanks to all devs to make this projekt possible.

All the best mtheo

Like ADIGRAHAM...

As a VMware user on my HP N54L ESXi 5.5 (conifg : SSD for VM OS, 4x 4Tb RED WD Drives as RDM without SHR into Xpenology distrib so as simples drives).

i don't find any instruction to install this DSM 5.0 (beta) for VMware vSphere ESXi...

Can anyone please help me or give me a link with a proper guide to install on ESXi ? (valide with alpha10, how to make it as vmdk, how to Mac/Serial Editing etc)...

To ADIGRAHAM : if you find anything, please tell me. I will do the same for you and all users who need help like me...

Thank you

Philippe

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all !

I have the same problem as some people...

Actually, I have a server N54L with ESXi. I have installed DSM 4.3 with vSphere Client and virtual machine.

Now, I would like to know, how I can update and install DSM 5.0 on my ESXi ? Can you tell me ?

Because, at this time, I've converted the .img to .vmdk, but when I boot my VM, the Synology Assistant can't find my server....

Thanks in advance :grin:

• 2 weeks later...