XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 5.0-4418 (BETA)

Trantor

This is not an official synology product, it's only design for testing purpose not for production.

This is just a testing build. No "support/maintenance". It's a beta !

It's based on my v1.1 beta5 (network drivers like igb, e1000e, r8168, r8169, alx, tg3, bnx2, sk98lin...)

NFS works, iSCSI doesn't.

Link : http://xpenology.trantor.be/dsm5beta/

Enjoy :smile:

This is not an official synology product, it's only design for testing purpose not for production.

It's based on my v1.1 beta5 (network drivers like igb, e1000e, r8168, r8169, alx, tg3, bnx2, sk98lin...)

HP N54L work

What you need logs?

'd send a little more by making a small amount of excellent work

Thanks Trantor.

I really hope that a standard working kernel will be available that works with the standard LSI SAS HBA adapters I have a Fujitus d2607 that is cross flashed to H300 and works with HBA.

Now I need to follow your binary hex code instructions to get up the drives into the diskmanager. But that is not the way our users need to do. Do your best to get a up and running LSI SAS HBA kernel that does not need any handson with hex codes inside the files synoinfo.conf etc...

Really super else...and I need to get my 27 drives up and running. Guess you have to work on the other machine model kernel. not this 3612xs ....need to get it to work with up to 40 disk at least in some type of image release from you guys.

If there is any need of dumps or tests done I can be in handy also.

I have and Intel cpu and 1 SATA system disk, 1x2gb usb memory to boot on and also 1x5 2TB initially connected but do not get them in the diskmanager list becasue I do not want to manuall change stuff ....I want youo code guys to test everything out and we just need to install. I have at least 9 USB ports and got also 10 internal SATA ports on my board. I would like to use all SATA ports of course to fill the LIANLI full tower with many disks with this kernel...

Just inform me if you need anything.

When I tested to change internalports to 22 I got only up 3 of my connected 5 disks into the diskmanager. I also chnage the ESATA to upper value and not 0 but still only 3 drives visual.

So I really want this to be taken care of by the installation phase not manually count the usb ports and esata ports and other internal ports and disable or enable interfaces to get up some drives... So do what you can I hope to help out to make tests with my SAS card. Just tell me the steps easy and I do the tests for you all dismounted since weeks back on my livingroom floor. So I need to get it up and running my wife... is not so happy..

Enjoy programming.

Nice interface in new build

No I dont have that kidn of money.

This is perfect this is just the first unit I will fill up with disks i have even one more with around 20 disks ready...

I tried now to change even one more to change internalports to x5fffff and it did just find 1 SAS disk haha. Number 21 it told me and its a usb disk...hmm.

So the thing is to master exact the amount of strings in hex to be exact in the conf files.

What happens if I need to add 4x4TB disks after I filled the first volume up with data?

do I need to calculate again...?

I did followed the manuals from user stanza & it works.

His guide to update it to the lastest from Synology build DSM 5.0 beta 1

============================================================================================================

1. First check if you're able to download update 3 from the GUI (Control Panel, DSM Update) - Download the update.

- 1a. If not able to download, connect/login with putty/telnet (user: root)

- 1b. Remove /autoupd@te.info (rm /autoupd@te.info)

- 1c. Now try to donwload update 3 from GUI again (Control Panel, DSM Update)

2. Connect/login with putty/telnet and execute these 2 commands:

CODE: SELECT ALL

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

3. Install the update from GUI (Control Panel, DSM Update)

============================================================================================================

Evidence:

DSM%205_update_beta%201.png

Just tried to install on ESXi and after .pat installation it does not boot. Console says GRUB Error 22.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Following the instructions might be a good place to start. Grub 22 is usually when it cannot boot - this is because Synology formats the boot USB device too, even in ESXi. So, get the 32MB image again, and mount it up, try to boot.

Hey Guys, first thank you for this great work. I've installed version 4.3 since a couple of time, and now i would like to do this upgreade to 5.0 beta.

Is it possible without losing my data which is saved on my hdds?

sorry for my english, i'm austrian. :grin:

yes my data and configs were still ok after upgrading. BUT........ you can never be 100% certain it will survive the upgrade process so ALWAYS make sure you have a backup of your config and your data!!!