XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 5.0-4418 (BETA)

Trantor

Hi,

I would search for data files and backup them before trying anything.

After that what about uninstalling and reinstalling but unselect "beta versions" - probably that helps?

Unfortunately it doesn't work. It's not a big problem, only my xbmc have the db on the server and it doesn't show movies or series and my wife perhaps will kill me, but I can run faster than she :grin:

@Hemin

Ich hatte das gleiches Problem, du kannst so vorgehen:

1. MariaDB deinstallieren (ohne Datenbank zu entfernen!!!)

2. DSM 3612xs 4418 herunterladen (http://ukdl.synology.com/download/beta/ ... s_4418.pat) und die MariaDB-x64-5.5.33.a-0012.spk entpacken (Die neuere von DSM 5 ist die MariaDB-x64-5.5.33.a-0016.spk!).

3. MariaDB-x64-5.5.33.a-0012.spk manuel nachinstallieren und starten.

Ende

Bei mir hat es ohne Probleme funktioniert ohne Datenverlust!

Gruß

Theo

@Hemin

Ich hatte das gleiches Problem, du kannst so vorgehen:

1. MariaDB deinstallieren (ohne Datenbank zu entfernen!!!)

2. DSM 3612xs 4418 herunterladen (http://ukdl.synology.com/download/beta/ ... s_4418.pat) und die MariaDB-x64-5.5.33.a-0012.spk entpacken (Die neuere von DSM 5 ist die MariaDB-x64-5.5.33.a-0016.spk!).

3. MariaDB-x64-5.5.33.a-0012.spk manuel nachinstallieren und starten.

Ende

Bei mir hat es ohne Probleme funktioniert ohne Datenverlust!

Gruß

Theo

It Works! I've followed all the steps and MariaDB is working again without losing data.

Thanks

I migrated to the DSM 5.0-4418 today due to other problems but could not fix so that the HBA SAS disk were found.

Volume crash.

So I returned back to DSM 4.3-3827 and the volume was back as normal again puhh.....

I wait until someone tells me that DSM 5.0 works 100% with the major SAS cards and functions.

thanks for a good work all that do the builds

Is anybody working on the official release?

Tried to update from within DSM ( DSM 5.0 update 1)

I am getting the following info from the logfile:

Mar 12 08:06:32 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:221 Verify checksum of [//upd@te]...

Mar 12 08:06:33 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:226 Pass checksum of //upd@te...

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:302 Executing [//upd@te/updater -v / -x > /dev/null 2>&1]

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:4890 Start of the updater...

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:4994 This is X86 platform

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: boot/boot_lock.c(225): failed to mount boot device /dev/synoboot2 /tmp/bootmnt (errno:6)

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:4833 Failed to mount boot partition

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:5490 Failed to accomplish the update! (errno = 2)

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:305 failed to system cmd=[//upd@te/updater -v / -x > /dev/null 2>&1], r=512

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:474 Failed to unpack firmware.

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas cupsd[31034]: [conf.c:1893] Filter "pstoraster" not found.

Mar 12 08:06:36 Nas synorelayd[31189]: synorelayd.cpp:1234 stoped

Mar 12 08:06:41 Nas kernel: [33156.841693] NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory

Mar 12 08:06:41 Nas statd[31471]: Running as root. chown /var/lib/nfs to choose different user

Is it possible to update from DSM at all ?

Is anybody working on the official release?

Tried to update from within DSM ( DSM 5.0 update 1)

I am getting the following info from the logfile:

Mar 12 08:06:32 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:221 Verify checksum of [//upd@te]...

Mar 12 08:06:33 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:226 Pass checksum of //upd@te...

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:302 Executing [//upd@te/updater -v / -x > /dev/null 2>&1]

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:4890 Start of the updater...

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:4994 This is X86 platform

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: boot/boot_lock.c(225): failed to mount boot device /dev/synoboot2 /tmp/bootmnt (errno:6)

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:4833 Failed to mount boot partition

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas updater: updater.c:5490 Failed to accomplish the update! (errno = 2)

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:305 failed to system cmd=[//upd@te/updater -v / -x > /dev/null 2>&1], r=512

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas entry.cgi_SYNO.Core.Upgrade[1].start[30298]: Upgrade.cpp:474 Failed to unpack firmware.

Mar 12 08:06:34 Nas cupsd[31034]: [conf.c:1893] Filter "pstoraster" not found.

Mar 12 08:06:36 Nas synorelayd[31189]: synorelayd.cpp:1234 stoped

Mar 12 08:06:41 Nas kernel: [33156.841693] NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the NFSv4 state recovery directory

Mar 12 08:06:41 Nas statd[31471]: Running as root. chown /var/lib/nfs to choose different user

Is it possible to update from DSM at all ?

Nop until a moded version of the .pat goes out

First post from this page...

Can't we update the same way we did with the update we got when it was first installed?

Nope, they are 2 different things. small updates come as deb packages, and don't increase build number. new builds have a new build number (4458), and comes as a pat file.

Hi

First, a big thank you for providing this version

I'm trying this hardware:

Asus P5Q - ICH10R 6xSata - Sil5723 2xSata - Marvell 1xIDE - Atheros L1E

Xeon X5450 3Ghz (mod 771)

4Gb DDR2

2x500 Samsung SATA

I had to set a fixed cpu multiplier because with speedstep enabled it stopped with something "..cpu idle...changing to hpet"

Sata is set to AHCI in ports 1/2 of ICH10R

DSM is installed, hdds set to RAID0, fixed IP, installed apps, mkv copy at 113 MB/s - nice :grin:

hdd hibernation is working

reboot also works but shutdown is not working properly, I can ear hdds powering off but fans keep on

Does anyone now what setting should I change in BIOS?

Is there any benefit of AHCI?

I think at first sata was in IDE enhanced mode and shutdown worked, but I changed so many things in BIOS to figure out the multiplier setting, that now I don't know

The control panel icon is showing a number 1 in a red circle, what is it?

I found that it was not speedstep stopping at boot, it was Intel C-State.

Now multiplier is set to Auto, Speedtep enabled and C-State disabled, shutdown works.

WOL doesn't work

I changed vender file and set wake from PCI/PCIE devices

tried to enable wol on lan1 but the check mark doesn't show after applying

after shutdown the rj45 status leds are off, no power

My photo station is not working. Also my http is not working, probably why my photo station is not working as well. I can access xpenology via port 5001 but not trough port 5000 (page not found). I tried via local IP as well as hostname from outside. Any ideas on how to resolve? I

hello !

Need help from you . Trying to update the version 5.0 via the control panel to / DSM update exactly according to these instructions

============================================================================================================

1. First check if you're able to download update 3 from the GUI (Control Panel , DSM Update) - Download the update.

- 1st . If not able to download , connect / login with putty / telnet ( user: root)

- 1b. Remove / autoupd@te.info (rm / autoupd@te.info )

- 1c. Now try to donwload update 3 from the GUI again (Control Panel , DSM Update)

2nd Connect / login with putty / telnet and execute These two commands :

CODE : SELECT ALL

sed ' s/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1 / ' / autoupd@te.info > / autoupd@te.info1

mv / autoupd@te.info1 / autoupd@te.info

3rd Install the update from GUI (Control Panel , DSM Update)

============================================================================================================

but I get up then this error message , see below.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

an error ( 2 ) while accessing the temporary directory occurred during the update

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible to download the update, but the installation does not work after I copied the *sed* and *mv* row and run this in putty.

hope you will understand and excuse my bad english.

Trentor-

Any idea when a DSM 5.0 may be coming? I don't ask as a "push" but rather I am getting antsy to upgrade but would rather go your method than gnoboot. I'd hate to go through the trouble of gnoboot then 2 days later you put your method out :smile:

I'm mainly interested in the Chromecast streaming but it doesn't appear to work with the 5.0 beta...

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to upgrade to the latest version using the usual method. ((Virtual Box test)

Download only the upgrade, run the task and manual upgrade.

It gets an error to the second step.

There is a temporary directory access error(2) during update

edQKL3z.jpg

noTyAKc.jpg

I have succesfully installed Trantor 5.0 Beta, Same issues as with everyone when upgrading and apps like Video Station, Media Server etc which are marked as beta are not working.

I expected this, but i have to say its looking really nice overall!, i might migrate to Gnoboot until trantor has a final release.

Edit: Correction i am not sure where the apps databases are upgraded from. But i seem to have everything working as normal, Plex is still a no go and Download station is giving me issues, especially when using torrnets.

Two reasons i beleive: 1 my ISP has filterd Kickastorrents and most other torrent sites. 2 When copying and pasting a URL into D.S (e.g. Kickasstorrents which is using a proxy) it only downloads the HTML link file.

Any suggestions, for the time being im downloading them to my PC and then transferring them to my N54L Trantor 5.0 Beta.

VengeceVapourX, I have dropbox on my devices with a folder containing .torrent files. Every time I download a .torrent to the dropbox folder, Downstation detect it and Torrent download automatically begin. You only have to install CloudSync and enable the DownStation option to load automatically torrens from a folder.

Hi all,

I have with success installed the GnoBoot folloving the guide from cyanlabs on ESXi. Everything works perfect, it is fast and finally mapping of remote folders seems stable.

But: I can reboot my diskstation in ESXi and everything is ok. But if I shut it down and start it up again, I get the Gnoboot menu in the console, and the configuration is gone.

Any way to deal with this? Is it not possible to do anything but reboot with GnoBoot?

/Mav

Hi Trantor,

Thank you for all your hard work.

I asked this same question in the Driver Request / Beta 7 (4.3-3827) forum. What version of the r8168 driver is included in 5.0-4418 beta? The reason I ask is because I am having a strange problem with gnoBoot alpha 10.5. It is giving me LAN issues that I don't see with any of your builds on the same hardware. I recall some posts where you mentioned you had to modify these Realtek drivers for some bug. Could you give me a brief summary?

Thanks,