XPEnology Community

XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 5.0-4418 (BETA)

Trantor

I am sure I didn't even get the warning that it would delete my drives.

So either the setup doesn't recognize that you have an SHR already running or maybe you can uncheck the box and sees how it goes.

I didn't even have to uncheck it when I upgraded to 5.0 from 4.3

you didn't change your server name by any chance?

for a check you can also read this topic

http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2242#p11196

Hi,

is this version stable for you?

I installed this version fresh from USB (no VMWare) and a fresh system.

My Board is an ASRock Z87 ITX, with an Intel NIC. Somehow the system goes every few min in an unproper shutdown and restarts automatically. When i transfer a file of 15GB, i writes from the Windows PC with around 10 MB/s (isnt that a bit slow?) and looses connection every 1-2min, till it finally fails after 4-5min, because the sytem experienced an "unproper shutdown" ???

Any ideas as to why this is, or someone else experiencing this? I reckon the Intel NIC shut be fine, or does that require special drivers? Meaning if it works, it shut work constantly, right?

Sorry this are my first trials and so far it is not stable at all.

Thanks

Y.

Hi,

is this version stable for you?

I installed this version fresh from USB (no VMWare) and a fresh system.

My Board is an ASRock Z87 ITX, with an Intel NIC. Somehow the system goes every few min in an unproper shutdown and restarts automatically. When i transfer a file of 15GB, i writes from the Windows PC with around 10 MB/s (isnt that a bit slow?) and looses connection every 1-2min, till it finally fails after 4-5min, because the sytem experienced an "unproper shutdown" ???

Any ideas as to why this is, or someone else experiencing this? I reckon the Intel NIC shut be fine, or does that require special drivers? Meaning if it works, it shut work constantly, right?

Sorry this are my first trials and so far it is not stable at all.

Thanks

Y.

Apologies, i have to reply to my own post - seems my BIOS was not-up-to-date, that caused the instabilities. Nothing to do with XPEnology.

Hi Trantor,

Is there any chance you can convert the .img file into a vmdk format so ESXi? I also tried to convert it using solarwinds V2V but after installing (pat) file, i ended up with an error 22.

Or if anybody had success running this on Esxi, please post how you were able to do it. Thanks.

as anyone tested it on esxi , i convert the img to vmdk with solarwind v2v , i create a VM as i do for 4.3 , but i coundn't see it on Syno Assitant ....
Same here, I'm currently stuck at this step. Looks like my NIC can't get an IP address on my network (DHCP).

Maybe it's related to my virtual NIC configuration in ESXI ? (2 physical interfaces, 1 virtual switch each : vmnet0 dedicated to VMs, vmnet1 dedicated to host management).

ESXI 5.5, img -> vmdk with v2v converter (tried static and dynamic disk images - same result).

Tried to access http:/// to get Web Assistant page, but it does nothing.

Console information scrolls so fast I can hardly read anything (I remember seeing many failures during startup, though).

This is not an official synology product, it's only design for testing purpose not for production.

This is just a testing build. No "support/maintenance". It's a beta !

It's based on my v1.1 beta5 (network drivers like igb, e1000e, r8168, r8169, alx, tg3, bnx2, sk98lin...)

NFS works, iSCSI doesn't.

Link : http://xpenology.trantor.be/dsm5beta/

Enjoy :smile:

Does this synoboot have hba (SCSI/SAS drivers)?

Anyone having problems with Plex:

Install it manually for Plexpass 0.9.9 or via Package Centre.

Login via SSH

cd /var/packages/Plex\ Media\ Server/scripts/
Run "./start-stop-status start"

It should give the following error:

Starting Plex ...
su: can't chdir to home directory '/var/services/homes/plex'
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::filesystem::filesystem_error'
 what():  boost::filesystem::create_directories: Permission denied: "/volume1/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server"
ln: /usr/syno/synoman/webman/3rdparty/plex: File exists

Do the following:

cd/
cd /volume1
mkdir Plex
chown plex Plex

Go back to /var/packages/Plex\ Media\ Server/scripts/ and run ./start-stop-status start

It should show a load of permission denied

Login to webmanager go to control panel in Users > Advanced, enable "Enable user home service"

Then load Filestation go into the Plex folder right click Library and set owner as plex and group as administrators.

run "./start-stop-status start" and Plex should load, login to Plex and set it up, go back to ssh and run "./start-stop-status stop"

Then go to web manager, package centre and you should be able to start and stop Plex fine now.

I know nothing about linux, command lines, etc.. so there is possibly an easier way to do this but these are the steps I did and it works for me.