XPEnology Community

Hardware Compatibility List

sorin

I'm new to the forum and I was looking to build my own XPenology NAS but I was surprised not to find a list of confirmed hardware that works (or doesn't)

It would be great if those that have it tested could complete the list, making easier for others to know know what to pick or what to avoid.

I made a wiki-like spreadsheet here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... wb3c#gid=0

Thanks

New here too, and have been testing this for the last week. I added my configuration to your doc and I hope you get a good amount of feedback. So far, my system is working astonishingly- I'm able to move files from/to a Win 8.1 setup across a gigabit network at 80-100 MB/sec. That's far faster than my DS410, old CS406 or D-Link DNS-321.

Hi I also put my config in your list.

I'm looking to build a new machine so i was also looking around what hardware is suported but i can only find older motherboards with s775 or s1155..

I'm looking at the s1150 platform with an i3 processor.

Quick update:

After a week, the Xpenology NAS is running well- no issues affecting reliability. Currently running Transmission (2.42), Couch potato, Sickbeard, SABNZBD, Plex, Python 2.7.6-7, Midnight Commander ('cuz I'm Lazy), and Syno Antivirus. Shares working normally and streams effortlessly to my KD Links 720. About 40% of 12Tb used with Tv series and movies (Sd mpg/avi, 720p MKV and 1080p m2ts).

The single issue I have is that I haven't been able to get the WOL after trying all options in the bios (S3 and S1 options as well as the "auto" power resume options). If someone has a NIC which does allow setting the "WOL" option (Control Panel>Hardware>Enable WOL), I'd order it and give it a try.

If someone has a NIC which does allow setting the "WOL" option (Control Panel>Hardware>Enable WOL), I'd order it and give it a try.

there isn't one,... control panel can't be used this way

you have to manually edit the two files

/etc/synoinfo.conf

/etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

change any line (for the amount of interfaces you have) like

eth0_wol_options="d"

to

eth0_wol_options="g"

and then change the line

wol_enabled_options="g"

to

wol_enabled_options=""