XPEnology Community

How to know the real MAC address on my XPEnology server?

tntmux

Hello, I want to modify the vendor file to fill it with my real MAC and another SN. Problem is I have already installed this 4.3 version DSM with non-modified vendor file, is there anyway to find out the real MAC address of my computer now?

I know how to do it with windows but I dont want to install a windows just to check out the mac..please help.

Thanks.

What you intend for real mac address? the mac of your nic? or the mac you added via specific program?

For real mac addres you have to read on nic card, or, boot with any live distribution, open a prompt and write: ifconfig, you can read real mac address

Hello, I want to modify the vendor file to fill it with my real MAC and another SN. Problem is I have already installed this 4.3 version DSM with non-modified vendor file, is there anyway to find out the real MAC address of my computer now?

I know how to do it with windows but I dont want to install a windows just to check out the mac..please help.

Thanks.

No need to get the mac address, just use my boot image. It will use your real MAC address :wink: