XPEnology Community

Problem setting HA in hp Microserver

quigon

Hi!

I'm trying to get HA get working on two hp micro servers. i configured 3x2tb raid 5 setup on both servers and added a RB44Ge network card from mikrotik, which is totally recognized by SO.

Network config is:

integrated lan on both servers is used to get access and manage system, and first eth on mikrotik network card is used to connect server to a gigabit switch. each server has an static ip address from lan on integrated nic, and i configured a new /24 network segment on gigabit card to get ha working.

i tried to configure ha but i've the same error each time i tried it: "Operation Failed. Please re-login", and in /var/log/messages i got

DiskStation ha.cgi: write to uart2 error, error=(5)Input/output error
DiskStation ha.cgi: ha.cc:1712: SYNOHWExternalControl failed 8192

i'm not sure if this is the problem. it's appear that this error is caused because hp doesn't have lcd to show messages.

what i tried:

1. Verify and change nic's mac address of each network card.

2. Change serial number on one of the servers.

3. disable uart capability in /etc/synoinfo.conf

but i can't get it working.

Tomorrow i will try another network config: on each server, 1 mic for heartbeat, other nic for lan and other nic for web management of cluster.

any of you can tell me more ideas?

thanks in advance!!

if it doesnt work then it could be xpenology itself. I myself had issues with vpn on 4.2 mentioned it but nobody ever present a *fix* If you want the FULL Functionality I would purchase the real thing... I have no high hopes on what 4.3 posses but just glad I can move data around quicker with SHR.