XPEnology Community

XPEnology gnoBoot

gnoboot

hi,

I also try to make a bootable stick...

It cost much time to understand jdownload and than it sucks with google doc files...

I managed to download and decrypt it but now I'm stuck...

I have Alpha 8 and there is no img file inside... great

ok ok... download of Alpha 7 is also neccessary...... and I assume that I have to replace the files with Alpha 8 ??

Why so complicated?

Please just make simple downloadble files without jdownload etc and it will take much less time to get started...

Or is this a test? :smile:

Thx

Maik

hi,

I also try to make a bootable stick...

It cost much time to understand jdownload and than it sucks with google doc files...

I managed to download and decrypt it but now I'm stuck...

I have Alpha 8 and there is no img file inside... great

ok ok... download of Alpha 7 is also neccessary...... and I assume that I have to replace the files with Alpha 8 ??

Why so complicated?

Please just make simple downloadble files without jdownload etc and it will take much less time to get started...

Thx

Maik

Why so complicated?

Again: why so complicated ???

There is no need of jdownload just use this site: http://dcrypt.it/

Here you can decrypt the file and get the download link.

Yes, I think the same thing too... :smile:

Come on... no one can help us ?

Why so complicated?

Again: why so complicated ???

There is no need of jdownload just use this site: http://dcrypt.it/

Here you can decrypt the file and get the download link.

Yes, I think the same thing too... :smile:

I kinda find it a PITA too, but I usually get all his releases working. I mounted a previous version image. deleted it's zImage and rd, and removed all the grub menu stuff, then copied over the newer stuff. Then converted the image to vdmk with StarWind V2V Image Converter. Then upload it to my esxi datastore to be used in my VM.

my only issue is rmmod seems to not be working anymore. So I can't prevent kernel mods from loading.

edit: I'm now playing with LSI 9201-8i controller on my test system (~$75 on ebay, can be flashed with 9211-8i IT firmware/bios). Seems to work fine so far. But I need more disks to test with.

Edited by Guest

I kinda find it a PITA too, but I usually get all his releases working. I mounted a previous version image. deleted it's zImage and rd, and removed all the grub menu stuff, then copied over the newer stuff. Then converted the image to vdmk with StarWind V2V Image Converter. Then upload it to my esxi datastore to be used in my VM.

my only issue is rmmod seems to not be working anymore. So I can't prevent kernel mods from loading.

edit: I'm now playing with LSI 9201-8i controller on my test system (~$75 on ebay, can be flashed with 9211-8i IT firmware/bios). Seems to work fine so far. But I need more disks to test with.

Edited by Guest

Thank you Diverge for your answer. I don't have Esxi, but i can try to use your method on my physical hardware. Thanks again.

Thank you Diverge for your answer. I don't have Esxi, but i can try to use your method on my physical hardware. Thanks again.