XPEnology Community

XPEnology gnoBoot

gnoboot

Here's a guide on how to get the password.

[spoiler=]http://wrgms.com/post/37501692643/synologys-secret-telnet-password

Thanks for this info. From it I created a formula in a google drive spreadsheet. Just paste the following into a cell and it will calculate the password, and always update for current date.

=CONCATENATE(DEC2HEX(MONTH(NOW())), TEXT(MONTH(NOW()) ; "*0#0") , "-", DEC2HEX(DAY(NOW())), TEXT((GCD(DAY(NOW()),MONTH(NOW()))) ; "*0#0"))

had to replace some "," with ";"

This works in Google drive spreadsheet:

=CONCATENATE(DEC2HEX(MONTH(NOW()));TEXT(MONTH(NOW());"*0#0");"-";DEC2HEX(DAY(NOW()));TEXT((GCD(DAY(NOW());MONTH(NOW())));"*0#0"))

I had made some changes to add padded zero for single days of month. I did it a while ago but forgot to update my post. So I just updated it with your changes.

=CONCATENATE(DEC2HEX(MONTH(NOW())); TEXT(MONTH(NOW()) ; "*0#0") ; "-"; TEXT(DEC2HEX(DAY(NOW())) ; "*0#0"); TEXT((GCD(DAY(NOW());MONTH(NOW()))) ; "*0#0"))

Damn, got hit by a road block when trying to install alpha6/alpha7 on VMware Workstation, but it works using VMware player. This is related to auto-power off which was first reported by Diverge and recently j911. :mad:

gnoboot v5 keeps turning off. Since gnootboot-4418-alpha5 after I install the pat file my VM keeps shutting down. Same issue with aplha6. Any ideas as to why this maybe happening on esxi 5.1?

Edit: Appears to be exactly the same issue diverge had few pages earlier, although ihd_num=1 is populated in grub and it seems to boot up properly after several attempts.

EDIT: @Diverge and @j911, are you using AMD cpu?

Damn, got hit by a road block when trying to install alpha6/alpha7 on VMware Workstation, but it works using VMware player. This is related to auto-power off which was first reported by Diverge and recently j911. :mad:

gnoboot v5 keeps turning off. Since gnootboot-4418-alpha5 after I install the pat file my VM keeps shutting down. Same issue with aplha6. Any ideas as to why this maybe happening on esxi 5.1?

Edit: Appears to be exactly the same issue diverge had few pages earlier, although ihd_num=1 is populated in grub and it seems to boot up properly after several attempts.

Did anybody already tried to install gnoboot on Hyper-V 2012 R2 ? Because when i start up gnoboot-alpha5 and or gnoboot-alpha6 the network adapter isn't recognized and because of that i'm unable to install DSM because de DS Assistant isn't detecting the vm...

Tried normal network adapter and legacy network adapter but both doesn't matter because NIC isn't being recognized within gnoboot. Also changing the mac address doesn't matter.

Did anybody already tried to install gnoboot on Hyper-V 2012 R2 ? Because when i start up gnoboot-alpha5 and or gnoboot-alpha6 the network adapter isn't recognized and because of that i'm unable to install DSM because de DS Assistant isn't detecting the vm...

Tried normal network adapter and legacy network adapter but both doesn't matter because NIC isn't being recognized within gnoboot. Also changing the mac address doesn't matter.

Yep,AMD FX8350 bulldozer to be precise. I don't recall having this issue at all with earlier builds like alpha0

I'm using ESXi 5.1.

I'll test it on my laptop later which has amd turion x2 and workstation 10

Yep,AMD FX8350 bulldozer to be precise. I don't recall having this issue at all with earlier builds like alpha0

I'm using ESXi 5.1.

I'll test it on my laptop later which has amd turion x2 and workstation 10