All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mino

DSM 6.2 Loader

I'm running ESXI 6.7 together with the 1.04b loader for DS918+. I wasn't able to boot with UEFI, but legacy mode wen't perfectly fine (It found my existing storage pool and migrated it). The only issue i found is that DSM detects my bootloader disk and complains because it can't read it's data. I only use the drive as bootloader, and have a satacontroller in passtrough where my disks are installed. Are there any solutions to this? var/log/messages: Now obviously i can't remove the disk in esxi, but is it possible to have DSM ignore it somehow? Esxi setup:
  3. Today
  4. Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm running a similar setup, but i really want to get rid of the bootloader disk inside DSM as its hogging /var/log/messages because it can't read it's data (temperatur etc).
  5. Yesterday
  6. HEY I AM LOOKING FOR THIS FOR A SIMILAR REASON LMSENSOR SAYS: sensors | grep fan fan1: 0 RPM (min = 41 RPM) ALARM fan2: 0 RPM (min = 18 RPM) ALARM fan3: 241 RPM (min = 28 RPM) ALARM I THINK MY BOARD IS STILL GOOD MY FANS ARE JUST SHOT. I AM POSTING HERE AS newest member BUT MY ID ON OMV ID IS seth.nordmeyer PLZ PM ME THERE SORRY ABOUT CAPS I AM BLIND ANY IDEA WHERE TO GET FANS? PEACE, SNN
  7. it should work, try the 1.04b loader first. Let us know how it goes...
  8. We can close the thread now. I have managed to get it to work. Had to choose the 3615xs version which was now working for me because of magic - CLOSED-
  9. Hi, When searching with the words "9th gen" nothing comes up. I would like to know if XPEnology will work with a 9th gen Intel CPU (Core-i5 9400F). Thanks.
  10. Hi to everybody...greetings from Serbia. I build my first Xpenology server thanks to reading very good tutorials on this Community...Thank you. My Xpenology configuration: CPU: Intel Core i5 4960K Motherboard: AsRock H81M-HDS 2X4GB DDR3 1600Mhz 1xSSD 120GB for Windows 10, 1xHDD 1TB, 1xHDD 2TB (Basic). I'm planning one more 4TB HDD and that will be enough for my needs, at least I think so. Then I will configure RAID 1, of course if I succeed??? I still have to read. I was able to boot from the first attempt and after 4-5 hours of reading the topics. To repeat, I never heard for something like this until two days ago ... and here ... I run into this forum and BUMMM. I bought the configuration and HDDs yesterday, put it together and here I am. Everything works perfectly. I used 1.03b for DS3617xs because I assumed I would have problems with DS918 + because of that famous SN. Everything works for me perfectly. Video, Photo, Audio, OpenVpn server... So much for now... I salute you all.
  11. Surtout que je ne vois pas trop l’Intérêt ! ? Qu'est ce que cela peut apporter de pointer sur les mèmes disques ? On est loin du cluster et c'est une tout autre logique.
  12. - Outcome of the update: UNSUCCESSFUL - DSM version prior to update: DSM 6.1.4-15217 - Loader version and model: Jun v1.04b - DS918+ - Using custom extra.lzma: NO - Installation type: BAREMETAL - ASRock N3150-ITX - Additional comments: No network after reboot, will try with dedicated LAN card - Outcome of the update: UNSUCCESSFUL - DSM version prior to update: DSM 6.1.4-15217 - Loader version and model: Jun v1.04b - DS918+ - Using custom extra.lzma: NO - Installation type: BAREMETAL - ASRock N3050B-ITX - Additional comments: No network after reboot, will try with dedicated LAN card
  13. - Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL - DSM version prior to update: DSM 6.1.4-15217 - Loader version and model: Jun v1.04b - DS918+ - Using custom extra.lzma: NO - Installation type: BAREMETAL - ASRock N3150-ITX - Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL - DSM version prior to update: DSM 6.1.4-15217 - Loader version and model: Jun v1.04b - DS918+ - Using custom extra.lzma: NO - Installation type: BAREMETAL - ASRock N3050B-ITX
  14. - Outcome of the update: FAILED - DSM version prior to update: DSM 6.1.4-15217 - Loader version and model: Jun v1.04b - DS918+ - Using custom extra.lzma: NO - Installation type: BAREMETAL - ASRock N3150-ITX - Additional comments: No network after reboot, will try with dedicated LAN card - Outcome of the update: FAILED - DSM version prior to update: DSM 6.1.4-15217 - Loader version and model: Jun v1.04b - DS918+ - Using custom extra.lzma: NO - Installation type: BAREMETAL - ASRock N3050B-ITX - Additional comments: No network after reboot, will try with dedicated LAN card
  15. Hello, it there a way to create Jun's MBR .img bootable on DVD? Because I am trying to use a device that has no bootable USB capabiliy. Hope someone has an idea, Many thanks.
  16. As long as the drive's recognised after I put it back in, then yeah, possibility.. Was thinking I could maybe.. -Take out one of the mech disks.. -Add the new SSD in as a RAID1 drive with the current SSD (the one I will be replacing). Let data mirror complete.. - Shutdown then remove the old drive. Switch the new SSD onto the old SSDs SATA port.. - Boot up, should show as degraded.. Break the Mirror by removing any RAID on the disks.. - Shutdown, put original mech disk back in and boot up.. Only thing I'd need to do would be to extend the size of the volume on the new, bigger, SSD.. Doable?
  17. oui. Il y avait en 5.2 un manip à faire pour ne pas la voir en SHare1... en 6.2 je ne sais pas du coup :p.
  18. Moi non plus, elle est vu dans les périphériques ext. mais n'est pas montée.
  19. Perso avec DSM 6.x je n'ai jamais eu ce pb Je suis preneur aussi^^ Pas testé en bare metal, dsl . Par expérience la 3615xs est plus compatible.
  20. Hello Merci pour ton tuto. J'ai un N54L sous DSM 5.2 que je souhaite faire passer en 6.2. Je pense partir sur une reinstall complète car nouveaux disques également. Ceci va beaucoup m'aider. Avec 4 disques de même capa, je pense me priver également du SHR qui ne sert pas avec des capa identiques. Ca me permettra de partir sur un système neuf. Cependant, quelques questions : Une carte USB 3 PCIe 1X a conseiller qui fonctionne ? Rien de vraiment clair sur le forum pour mes recherches. Et pourquoi ne pas prendre la base du DS3617 pour un N54L ? Je n'arrive pas a trouver la réponse... Il manque l'astuce pour cacher la clef USB sur le NAS pour qu'elle ne soit pas considérée comme un share également je crois. J'avais également une carte permettant d'ajouter 4 SATA pour une baie 4x2.5". Je pense que je vais la faire sauter car sinon plus de carte reseau que je viens de commander sur Ebay :p. Si tu as les réponses je veux bien ;).
  21. сам написал - сам ответил Откатил VMM, появился в меню и заработал. Но остался вопрос , как его запустить из командной строки?
  22. Добрый день. DSM 6.1.6-15266, DS3617xs , на голом Hp Microserver (gen8) После обновления VMM , он пропал из главного меню, хотя пакет работает и я могу остановить и запустить его через консоль. (sudo synoservice --stop pkgctl-Virtualization ) Проблема, что нет доступа к настройкам и самим вирт машинам. Как побороть сей трабл ?
  23. - Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL - DSM version prior update: 6.1.7-15284 - Loader version and model: JUN'S LOADER v1.02b - DS3617xs - Using custom extra.lzma: YES - extra.lzma for DS3617 v4.5 made by IG-88 - Installation type: BAREMETAL Asus P5Q-EM - Additional comments: REBOOT REQUIRED
  24. Tried again with different thumb drives, same behaviour. I am pretty sure that it is not VID and PID....
  25. В grub.cfg поменять в строке set default='2'
  26. Do have a problem with nested virtualisation now. Would be awesome if someone could point me to the solution of the error 13 for instance. Thx
  1. Load more activity