XPEnology Community

XPEnoboot 'Boot Error'

RobsterUK

I am on bare metal using the following hardware

• Motherboard: Intel DG35EC
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
    RAM: 4 GB DDR2
    HDD: Maxtor 6V160E0 (160GB), SeaGate ST32000542AS (2TB)
    Chipset Info: 82G35 Graphics and Memory Controller, 82801HB I/O Controller Hub (ICH8), 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller

I am currently using Nanoboot 5.0.4.1 with DSM 4528.

Everything works OK.

I have tried to use Xpenoboot 5.2 5565.1 (& also previous versions of Xpenoboot) but each time I try to boot all I get is 'Boot Error' on screen.

Doesn't even get as far as loading the boot options.

I have verified the USB boot stick works on other hardware, so I can only presume this is some kind of driver/hardware issue.

I have systematically gone through onboard devices on motherboard disabling one at a time and rebooting.

But nothing I try will get this to boot.

Has anyone any advice to offer? Obviously this issue is preventing me from updating any further.

I don't want to get stuck using only Nanoboot on DSM 4528

I had the same problem going from Nanoboot to XPEnoboot on one of my motherboards. I think it was an Intel DQ35JOE. I got it working by going into the BIOS, Boot, USB Mass Storage Emulation Type and changed the setting from "Auto" to "All Fixed Disc"

Edited by Guest

htpcdude you're the man. :mrgreen:

Thanks for pointing that out, I don't think I would have ever thought of looking in there :oops:

Changed that setting and, hey presto XPEnoboot will boot.

Now happily running 5.2 5565 :grin::grin:

I will be looking to migrate my DS211 to XPEnology safe in the knowledge I can continue to update with XPEnoboot

• 11 months later...