XPEnology Community

Access pata boot device within xpenology

holybabel

Hi everyone,

i have a Scaleo Home Server aka Intel SS4200. This devices has a 256MB PATA DOM-Module. I use the module as boot device for xpenology. To access this pata device i currently use a live usb stick. Then i can write the img from XPEnoboot to the device. Within xpenology i can't see the device under configuration. Is it possible to access (maybe with putty) the device from within xpenology so i don't need the live usb stick anymore? It is very annoying to always detour over the usb live stick.

I already tried to 'find' the pata device with putty but fdisk only shows my 3 scsi drives. 'parted' also shows only my 3 scsi drives.

Greetings holybabel

• 11 months later...

If you have flashed the DOM as a bootable device with the XPE image, and its set correctly as the boot device in the bios then it should work.

If you still need an external boot device it sounds like the DOM is not setup correctly.

How did you flash the DOM with the XPE image?

@sbv3000: When i flash the DOM with the xpe image then it loads from the dom without problems. My problem is when i start xpenology with a usb stick i can't access the dom because the system doesn't see.

@pastrychef: The only "advantage" is that DSM boots much faster with the DOM.