XPEnology Community

New DSM BETA 5.1 4977 Available

Storage Manager (for RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+, RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RS3614xs+ only)

You can now create volumes up to 200 TB large.

You can create RAID groups and RAID arrays. A RAID Group for Multiple Volumes or iSCSI LUNs (Block-Level) that use RAID 5 or RAID 6 may contain multiple RAID Arrays.

Synology Hybrid RAID is no longer supported.

This kind of scared me in the patch notes. Did they drop support for the DS3612xs and that's why they didn't mention it? You can't convert to SHR2 from SHR so if this affects xpenology a lot of people will displeased. And that's really understating it.

I won't risk the update, yet.

Installed this in a VM this morning & as others have said the volumes are unmounted, I'm also getting the following notification error: "System internal service [apparmor] failed to start'. I'm happy to do some diagnostic work for Trantor / Sancome or anyone else for that matter if it will help.

Wait.. correct me if I'm wrong but you can't just update DOT or major revisions of DSM since the kernel is updated as well. The only reason this still works is because community folks have packaged this up to support other devices and defeat DSM protection. They actually have to bring over the modules from older versions of DSM to defeat the security protection. What you guys are seeing is the security protection unmount your filesystems. You won't be able to fix this yourself.

turning apparmor off:

support_apparmor="no" in /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

(the startup script in init actually checks the config in etc.defaults)

This only eliminates apparmor, I am still looking at what goes wrong with the volumes - cat /proc/mdstat only shows md0 & md1 but md2 (where volume1 normally is) is lost after the reboot post installing. i.e. mdstat shows all 3 md after the install but before the reboot.