XPEnology Community

No hard disk found SAS2LP-MV8

bpsystems

I am attempting to install DSM 6.1 using the v1.02a2 Jun loader on my system.

I have a Supermicro X11SBA-LNF4 motherboard and Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 hba with 8x4TB Seagate NAS drives.

The loader seems to work but as soon as I get to Synology Web Assistant page I get a no hard disk found message. My hba adapter is detected in bios and all drives are visible but not found when it comes time to install.

Is the SAS2LP-MV8 supported? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the drives to be detected?

A search of compatible hardware did reference a Marvell 88SE94XX which suggests to me it is supported or was at one point.

Thanks in advance

looks like you would need a extra kernel module mv_94xx.ko (your card has Marvell 9480) not provided by synology or jun's loader

only way will be to build it yourself, i wrote a how to so you might try it?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32744

as i already have enviroment for 3615xs dsm 6.1 i could provide the module or even bootimage for that version

as you are using 1.0.2a2 you will have used 3617xs 6.1

you would have to change to 1.02a and 3615xs to use the bootimage i can provide atm

(or someone else might provide the module/bootimage for 3617xs?)

If you are willing to provide either the boot image or module for the 3615xs I would be happy to try that. I was just trying out the latest to see if it worked.

I will read over the how to and attempt to compile a module for the 3617xs for future use.

Many thanks

i've tryed to build the module for 3617xs, dsm 6.1

as comiled there was only a mvsas.ko, but from the makefile it looks like it should contain the code for 94xx

in my 3617xs vm the image booted and the mvsas driver was loaded, it's as good as i can do it atm, try it with your 3617xs installation and let us know what the result is

1.02a2 with mvsas

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=047 ... 8171187484

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2017 at 5:56 PM, bpsystems said:

IG-88 thank you! :grin:

I installed the image and early tests look as though everything is functioning properly. I will update once I put the system through its paces.

Can you please share the file.  I have the same card and am trying to get this to work as well. 

On 4/26/2017 at 5:20 PM, IG-88 said:

i've tryed to build the module for 3617xs, dsm 6.1

as comiled there was only a mvsas.ko, but from the makefile it looks like it should contain the code for 94xx

in my 3617xs vm the image booted and the mvsas driver was loaded, it's as good as i can do it atm, try it with your 3617xs installation and let us know what the result is

1.02a2 with mvsas

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=047 ... 8171187484

I need this file.  Tried updating from DSM 5.2 to Juns 6.1 and i have a Marvell SAS 88SE controller and updated and cannot see the drives on the SAS controller.  Please help me out sir. 

Just now, bpsystems said:

Sorry I don't use the Marvell based controller anymore. I will check to see if I have a copy still but I have got a new system about 6 months ago now.

What do you use now?  Maybe i should buy a new controller.  I already own 2 Supermicro SAS controller based on Marvel and figured use them.   

Thanks