XPEnology Community

Jun's Alpha Loader for DSM 6.1

CrazyCreator

Hello all,

I think it's better if we open an extra thread, for Jun's v1.02a/v1.02a2 Loader.

The loader can be downloaded here: https://mega.nz/#F!BtFQ2DgC!JgomNP3X8V9EuwxL4TXbng!5kcjyJ7R

I do not know if the developer likes it,

but I think it is important for all testers to know what is currently not working and of course what works.

##################################################################################################

I have currently the DS3615xs in use, on a HP ProLiant Microserver Gen8 ... Without problems.

The DS3617xs works without Problems too, but the DS916 is not functional (in my case) ...

I see the Grub Bootloader and can select a entry. But no matter what entry I choose I get no connection via webbrowser

and see in my router also no IP address which would be assigned to the HP ProLiant.

########################### Update from 01.05.2017 #################################################

On 5/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, Polanskiman said:

I have compiled a few more network modules and firmwares. This is for loader v1.02a (3615xs only) (see below for details). Compilation was done with DSM 6.1 source code and tool chain.

Simply replace the default extra.lzma ramdisk in the loader with this one. I left all modules that were compiled by Jun as is.

I am not sure if all the modules that I compiled are working fine since I do not have the corresponding hardware. Give it a shot.

3c59x.ko       (3Com 3c59x/3c9xx ethernet driver)
8139cp.ko      (RealTek RTL-8139C+ series 10/100 PCI Ethernet driver)
8139too.ko     (RealTek RTL-8139 Fast Ethernet driver)
e100.ko        (Intel(R) PRO/100 Network Driver)
forcedeth.ko   (Nvidia nForce Ethernet)
r6040.ko       (RDC R6040 NAPI PCI FastEthernet driver)
typhoon.ko     (3Com Typhoon Family - 3C990, 3CR990, and variants)
via-rhine.ko   (VIA Rhine PCI Fast Ethernet driver)
w5100.ko       (WIZnet W5100 Ethernet driver)
w5300.ko       (WIZnet W5300 Ethernet driver )

/bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1a.fw
/bnx2/bnx2-mips-06-6.2.1.fw
/e100/d101m_ucode.bin
/e100/d101s_ucode.bin
/e100/d102e_ucode.bin
/3com/typhoon.bin

In fact I did compile a few others but I am getting some unknown symbols and I do not have time to debug. In case some might want to look into it here is the list of modules which failed to compile properly and the dmesg log:

Failed modules
dmesg log

Running DSM 6.1 Update 1 on a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, baremetal Installation, using Juns Loader 1.02a DS3615xs.

Its running for a few weeks without any problems. I have three 3GB HDDs installed with ext4 running SHR. I have updated from DSM 5.2 To 6.0 And then To 6.1. The SHR group is working since 5.2. I think i have to do a clean install To use RAID and btfrs.

Running DSM 6.1 Update 1 on a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, baremetal Installation, using Juns Loader 1.02a DS3615xs.

Its running for a few weeks without any problems. I have three 3GB HDDs installed with ext4 running SHR. I have updated from DSM 5.2 To 6.0 And then To 6.1. The SHR group is working since 5.2. I think i have to do a clean install To use RAID and btfrs.

But with a new clean install you can't use SHR again. Only the DS916p (from the 3 Loaders I mean) support this.

...i have jun 1.02a bootloader on ESXi 6 and HP Microserver gen8 both with dsm 6.1 (DS3615xs). on both works BTRFS and both works great.

Did you do a fresh install or migration?

If last I would be interested in how you did it

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

...i have jun 1.02a bootloader on ESXi 6 and HP Microserver gen8 both with dsm 6.1 (DS3615xs). on both works BTRFS and both works great.

...i did fresh. I have to re-format hdd's for btrfs support. Only in HP Proliant i have to put manual ip configuration. DHCP don't work so good.

...i did fresh. I have to re-format hdd's for btrfs support. Only in HP Proliant i have to put manual ip configuration. DHCP don't work so good.

Damn still searching for somebody who managed to get a migration done on esxi 6.5

But with a new clean install you can't use SHR again. Only the DS916p (from the 3 Loaders I mean) support this.

Also in the 916 the CPU arquitecture is brasswell.

Ideal for 3050 , 3060....

But i tried it on asrock n3150-itx And can't run. I think for the network chip.

(rtl8111gr)

Could one readd the drives after a fresh install? What would happen? Loss of data?

Yes, but is SHR so much better then a "normal" Raid?

Also in the 916 the CPU arquitecture is brasswell.

Ideal for 3050 , 3060....

But i tried it on asrock n3150-itx And can't run. I think for the network chip.

(rtl8111gr)

It does not matter. The thing is, all loaders use a single kernel version (I think either Avoton or x64, on 5.2 I remember most devs used Bromolow), with multi-platform support enabled. Unless Synology made optimizations in HAL, I doubt there's an actual difference between loader builds (apart from the indicated CPU string).

Hi Sonnyboy666,

to get SHR again on DSM 6.1 you need to modify the Syno's config :

- edit synoinfo.conf located in /etc.defaults/synoinfo. conf

- comment out / delete

- support raid group = "yes"

- then add

- support_syno_hybrid_raid = "yes"

reboot your NAS and create your volume with the SHR option.

regardless

lewis666

Hi Sonnyboy666,

- comment out / delete

- then add

regardless

lewis666

- comment out / delete

- then add

regardless

lewis666

If I try, then I get after the restart no IP address more.

Thank you for the loader. Works fine so far with a MSI B150M ECO.

Just tried it with a new Seagate IronWolf. New diagnostic tab appears in DSM 6.1, nice!

As I need an additional DVB driver I also compiled new modules for supporting power button shutdown. Want to share it:

[deleted]

I made a new package. See:

http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32773

Edited by Guest