XPEnology Community

Frequently asked questions - Why not?

Elpee

Weird. With a big forum like this, I don't see any FAQ that's sticky.

More and more, many new commers join the forum and to prevent a same/ similar question posts and keeps asking, and to save time for a lot of people here why don't we have a FAQ sticked? Do we have a mod who can take care of this?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started such a topic some time ago, see here: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1779

If only 30% of user's forum would contribute with some "how to" we could do a nice structured wiki page, but seems like we can't start it rolling. :sad:

Admin doesn't have enough free time for board management, but let's see the bright side of it: the devs are still releasing and that's :ugeek:

I've started such a topic some time ago, see here: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1779

If only 30% of user's forum would contribute with some "how to" we could do a nice structured wiki page, but seems like we can't start it rolling. :sad:

Admin doesn't have enough free time for board management, but let's see the bright side of it: the devs are still releasing and that's :ugeek:

I could help out with the wiki pages. I've written FAQs before so maybe I can be of some help. I've only just begun using Xpenology for the better part of a month using virtualbox but it's pretty fresh in my head considering I didn't exactly get all the information about installing without reading multiple posts or having others answer my questions. I see Andy (site admin) has a Wiki page but it's blank. Any other takers for topics?

I think I could do a write up about the HP n40l/n54l. So bios mod, etc etc.

But more important let's first discuss the topics of the wiki. Then we need to find people who can contribute.

Good start, I made some edits

Index

- Getting started

--What is Xpenology

--Dictionary of Xpenology terms

- Hardware

-- Compatibility list / Driver support

-- Driver request

- Downloads

--Stable builds

--Experimental builds

- Installation guides

--General (USB)

--Virtual Machines

---Esxi

---Virtualbox

---Hyper-V

--Hardware Specific

---HP40/54

- Build your own kernel

-FAQ

--Updates

--Security

--Known problems etc

-etc

to Trantor

apparently there is a bug on private message, so here is my pm

-------------

I am interested to help do it and also help to have a french translation of the WIKI.

I did some howto's for MyBookwhite and MyBookLive on the -- mybookworld.wikidot.com -- forum.

I am a retiree with usually some time.

Hope you can agree me.

I have a N54L running with DSM 5.0 beta with trantor boot on ESXi as a personal NAS in production with 2 drives.

A test machine with virtual drives on 5.0 Gnoboot

W8 and Ubuntu as test machines on ESXi

16GB ram

I also use a MyBookWorld and a MybookLive.