XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.x Loader

jun

My personal opinion is that it wont come out of alpha since 6.1 sources are now available and I think it would make more sense so try doing a loader with these sources for the longer term; unless or course the new kernel ends up being more difficult to hack.

I might be wrong though.

That could also mean that 1.02 will be 6.1 sources based AND out of alpha :wink: But we'd definitely need a better organized thread, and definitely better organized releases (possibly even on Github?)

Yep. This thread really is out of hand now.

At the very least, and as I've suggested before, please start a new thread for 6.1..

Some sort of proper repository for the code would be great..

#H

My personal opinion is that it wont come out of alpha since 6.1 sources are now available and I think it would make more sense so try doing a loader with these sources for the longer term; unless or course the new kernel ends up being more difficult to hack.

I might be wrong though.

That could also mean that 1.02 will be 6.1 sources based AND out of alpha :wink: But we'd definitely need a better organized thread, and definitely better organized releases (possibly even on Github?)

Yep. This thread really is out of hand now.

At the very least, and as I've suggested before, please start a new thread for 6.1..

Some sort of proper repository for the code would be great..

#H

The project is not open source, if you didn't notice. My suggestion for GitHub was because of their awesome issue tracking and release managing system.

Well I do have concerns about GitHub, since they're so keen on obeying any kind of DMCA takedown request - and those are easy to come by. Synology could say the bootloader collides with one of their trademarks or copyrights, and bam, repo down.

In that case a privately hosted github repo should work?

Well I do have concerns about GitHub, since they're so keen on obeying any kind of DMCA takedown request - and those are easy to come by. Synology could say the bootloader collides with one of their trademarks or copyrights, and bam, repo down.

In that case a privately hosted github repo should work?

With a private repo the issue tracker, wiki, etc. wouldn't be available :wink:

Anyhoo, I made an organization for the whole shebang for now, and soon I'll begin to post revised guides, repos for various projects, et cetera. But first I need to ask permissions from some of the devs (which might prove difficult since most of them don't browse the forums daily).

Oh also I made an XPEnology Discord server for the less forum-specific discussion. Will set up rules, channels, whatnot a bit later and post an invite link in a separate thread.

Help with the bootloader.

The HP ML-350 G5 server with the DS3615xs 6.0.2 downloader. Jun's Mod V1.01 sees the network, and with the DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha there is no.

The network embedded Embedded NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Network Adapter.

I will be at a lot grateful for help.

PS

And someone else can tell. REID controller HP Smart Array E200i can be turned on and if not what is supported in 6.1?

Jun I've installed your latest alpha and I am running latest DSM 6.1.x stable on an ASrock H110M-ITX motherboard with Intel Core i3 6100.

Although I've enabled WOL both in BIOS and (migrated) DSM the NAS doesn't want to go into standby.

Is there any file that I need to edit manually?? :confused:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge with stock Samsung Nougat firmware

Hello,

I loader DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha have a problem logging in to support quickconnec change my MAC address and serial number on hand

http://quickconnector.orgfree.com/index.php

a information

The system could not perform any operation, an unknown error occurred

What may be the problem ?

DSM DSM is 6.1-15047 Update 1

Synology has changed the serial format about two years ago. I suppose they noticed that a LOT more DS3615xs has been registered than sold, and such, they made the move to the new format. I checked with support, if you encounter the "invalid serial no format" error on myds.synology.com, you need to send an e-mail to them, with a photo of the serial number sticker of your NAS. They will send you a converted new format serial that you can register, and your NAS will be able to work through QuickConnect.

Unless you want to use QuickConnect, though, you do not need to register your NAS or sign in with a Synology account.

Also, sidenote - made a better serial generator (not better on UI, but hey it's WIP!). It's available at the XPenology repository on GitHub.

There's also a (not yet finished) tutorial for using the 1.01 loader on bare-metal. All comments, recommendations are welcome. The repo also hosts all of Jun's loaders so far, with proper release markings.

Hello,

I loader DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha have a problem logging in to support quickconnec change my MAC address and serial number on hand

a information

Synology has changed the serial format about two years ago. I suppose they noticed that a LOT more DS3615xs has been registered than sold, and such, they made the move to the new format. I checked with support, if you encounter the "invalid serial no format" error on myds.synology.com, you need to send an e-mail to them, with a photo of the serial number sticker of your NAS. They will send you a converted new format serial that you can register, and your NAS will be able to work through QuickConnect.

Unless you want to use QuickConnect, though, you do not need to register your NAS or sign in with a Synology account.

Also, sidenote - made a better serial generator (not better on UI, but hey it's WIP!). It's available at the XPenology repository on GitHub.

There's also a (not yet finished) tutorial for using the 1.01 loader on bare-metal. All comments, recommendations are welcome. The repo also hosts all of Jun's loaders so far, with proper release markings.

Noob question:

What if I change my current serial number and (real) MAC address of my XPenology machine to one of your generated ones?

Will I need to reinstall DSM once again?

Will the NAS still be found on LAN even if not using its hardware NIC real MAC address? [emoji54]

Noob question:

What if I change my current serial number and (real) MAC address of my XPenology machine to one of your generated ones?

Will the NAS still be found on LAN even if not using its hardware NIC real MAC address? [emoji54]

The loader already changes your MAC address, though it is only needed for the online services to work, AFAIK. Changing the serial will NOT trigger a reinstall, though I have not tested this.

My generator uses the exact same logic the Excel generator does, with the exception of only generating serials for the DS3615xs. I'm working on integrating a drop-down selector for model changing, though.

Noob question:

The loader already changes your MAC address, though it is only needed for the online services to work, AFAIK. Changing the serial will NOT trigger a reinstall, though I have not tested this.

My generator uses the exact same logic the Excel generator does, with the exception of only generating serials for the DS3615xs. I'm working on integrating a drop-down selector for model changing, though.

Alright thanks!

Hello,

a information

Unfortunately, no serial number can be registered

I tried 20 numbers :sad:

Hello,

a information

Unfortunately, no serial number can be registered

I tried 20 numbers :sad:

Same here.

I got it working only by using my DS414 serial number and MAC address.

Guys, FFS. READ MY F***** COMMENT:

It's not that hard to understand that DS3615xs "v1" format serials DO NOT WORK ANYMORE. I hope this makes things clear.

I'll update the serial generator as soon as I have some free time to think about the logic needed to do it. So if any of you has some experience with JavaScript, you're welcome to help.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a few "v2" format serials (the ones that are similar to "1480MIN######", as per another online generator), with the respective models and MAC addresses of that unit, so that we can get things rolling again.