XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

This thread is for requesting drivers for hardware (net, storage) which are not supported by XPEnology yet.

The purpose of this it to regroup drivers request in order to improve XPEnology in the next repack.

Please test with the latest build and check HARDWARE SUPPORTED LIST before asking for driver !

Please do not request WIFI drivers

Please give most informations as you can (brand, chip, revision...).

If you can test your hardware with ubuntu livecd to get modules infos and/or give manufacturer download link.

Edited by Polanskiman
Topic title edited to better reflect content

For now we got:

- Intel® RAID SAS controller FALSASMP2 (must be confirmed but I think it's handle by mpt2sas driver)

- USB to serial FTDI / Prolific 2303 chips

- ASMedia ASM1061 (kernel commits talk about this chip, handle by ahci stack)

- Intel ethernet I350 series (latest intel igb driver)

No ETA for the next repack which will be focus on support more hardware.

Sound support will maybe included in future but not right now

i need this driver Gigabit PCI Network Adapter TG-3269

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/softwa ... 584617.zip

it's based on the old (2006) r1000 realtek driver.

This chip is also handle by the r8169 driver (03/05/2012).

We must test including r8169 because it's newer than r1000 but it maybe cause issue with the already included r8168 driver....

Really dying for a full support of LSI RAID cards 9211 in particular, with the ability to install and boot XPEnology form attached drives.

I own a LSI 9211-4i, unfortunately for now it's not possible to install DSM on drives attached to it, but disks are detected in DSM when it's installed on a drive connected to the motheboard.

Yesterday I build a test version with mpt2sas driver built-in the kernel and not loaded as module.... no yet tested on my system ^^

Really dying for a full support of LSI RAID cards 9211 in particular, with the ability to install and boot XPEnology form attached drives.

I own a LSI 9211-4i, unfortunately for now it's not possible to install DSM on drives attached to it, but disks are detected in DSM when it's installed on a drive connected to the motheboard.

Yesterday I build a test version with mpt2sas driver built-in the kernel and not loaded as module.... no yet tested on my system ^^

Trantor,

What is the reason we cannot install DSM to LSI attached drives? Is it the because the mpt2sas.ko is being loaded too late in the boot process? I would assume if it's a built-in module instead of LKM it should work just fine. Sorry, I don't have my LSI 9211-8i at the moment to test this theory. It's currently in storage.

What I do know is that the sata_mv started behaving correctly once you made that a built-in module. When it was LKM, it got loaded too late in the boot-up process that it left raid-1 partition in degraded mode each time after a reboot. When it was a built-in module, all problems went away.

I'm looking forward to your next build when both the patched sata_mv and generic mpt2sas are both built-in modules.

Hi,

Simple suggestion: Please, add all drivers related to virtualization. Several of them are included in the source of the Linux kernel. This will facilitate the deployment inside VMware, Hyper-V and Virtualbox.

Best!

Can you make a list of required options to build ? :oops:

I read in the hyper-v that the built-in drivers are staging are very buggy...

Request: ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet

This implies add the xHCI driver !!

If I'm right xHCI is handle by xhci-hcd module which is already included :smile:

Linux driver for this device is available here : http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op= ... 131;71;112

Will be in the next testing build :wink:

EDIT: In the readme we can see:

Note: Please make sure the kernel is built with one of the "Support for
      Host-side, EHCI, OHCI, or UHCI" option support.

I'm looking forward to your next build when both the patched sata_mv and generic mpt2sas are both built-in modules.

Patched sata_mv is built-in kernel in repack 4.2-3211 v1.2

Unfortunately I built the mpt2sas inside the kernel and same issue :sad:

Configuration lost after Syno Assistant reboot the system.

Hi,

Simple suggestion: Please, add all drivers related to virtualization. Several of them are included in the source of the Linux kernel. This will facilitate the deployment inside VMware, Hyper-V and Virtualbox.

Best!

Can you make a list of required options to build ? :oops:

I read in the hyper-v that the built-in drivers are staging are very buggy...

Not the full list, only a few:

* For VMWARE:

- PVSCSI: vmw_pvscsi.ko

- VMXNET3: vmxnet3.ko

- VMCI: vmw_vmci.ko & vmw_vsock_vmci_transport.ko

- Ballon: vmw_balloon.ko

* For Hyper-V:

- Device Drivers --> Network device support --> "Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Network Support"

- Device Drivers --> Microsoft Hyper-V guest support --> "Microsoft Hyper-V utilities driver" & "Microsoft Hyper-V Ballon driver"

- Device Drivers --> HID Support --> Special HID Drivers --> "Microsoft Hyper-V mouse driver"

* For VirtualBox:

- vboxguest.ko

- vboxsf.ko

- vboxvideo.ko

* for KVM support:

- CONFIG_VIRTIO_PCI=y (Virtualization -> PCI driver for virtio devices)

- CONFIG_VIRTIO_BALLOON=y (Virtualization -> Virtio balloon driver)

- CONFIG_VIRTIO_BLK=y (Device Drivers -> Block -> Virtio block driver)

- CONFIG_VIRTIO_NET=y (Device Drivers -> Network device support -> Virtio network driver)

- CONFIG_VIRTIO=y (automatically selected)

- CONFIG_VIRTIO_RING=y (automatically selected)

After a kernel with all modules enabled will be more easy to add a "tools" package for guest shutdown and other commands.

Futhermore, the performance improvement with paravirtualization it's a must have!

:grin:

Hi,

Just installed the 4.2.3211 version on my ASROCK 4core-dual VSTA, but it doesn't have gigabit lan.

I've got a dlink card DGE-528T but not recognize.

Could you make this device work with your build.

Thank you very much

Thank totalnas for the list :smile:

I got this card too. It's a shitty realtek chip + firmware :sad:

Try to build this fews weeks ago but no luck....

To be honest I organize a lan party this week end, so I do not have much time to spent on XPEnology for now.

But I promess, next week I try to make a testing with all things listed above :wink:

Thank totalnas for the list :smile:

I got this card too. It's a shitty realtek chip + firmware :sad:

Try to build this fews weeks ago but no luck....

To be honest I organize a lan party this week end, so I do not have much time to spent on XPEnology for now.

But I promess, next week I try to make a testing with all things listed above :wink:

Ok thank you very much,

have a nice weekend

I found that realtek firmwares binaries are available in firmware-realtek package (debian).

I will test with these :smile:

Hi,

Great, because without a 1 Gb lan, it's not optimal for transferring datas.

So if you can make the dlink card working with your release, i would be a very happy man.

Thank you