XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

Hello

Can you help me install the xpenology on my Asus motherboard.

I have an Asus M2N32-WS Pro: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2N32_WS_Professional/

When I try Xpenology on my computer it works well, but when I try to configure the server on my old motherboard it does't work.

On my Asus M5A99X EVO it hangs for 5 min but then everything is OK. If i switch to the old motherboard it hangs at "Attached SCSI".

Can you help me? I am new to this and everything seams so hard :smile:

Thanks

Tvan asks for LSI MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP Drivers (http://sas.lsi.cn/channel/products/mega ... a/8208ELP/)

I saw earlier post, "@stanza : LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS RAID / SATA, MPT2SAS are also included" but tried many .img and pat files. some with HBA and some without. Currently on 4.3-3827 and no luck with the LSI MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP Drivers. If needed I will purchase a new LSI 1078 just so I can get my 6TB drives working.

Tvan asks for LSI MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP Drivers (http://sas.lsi.cn/channel/products/mega ... a/8208ELP/)

Unfortunatly your controller is not handled by the mpt2sas :sad:

LSI does not provide the driver sources for your controller (they only provide compiled kernel modules for 2.6.x branch)

Thanks for checking!

I already ordered new parts:

Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 LGA 1150

Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz LGA 1150

Dell PowerEdge 8-port SAS/Sata which I will flash with LSI 9211-8i in IT Mode

I will keep you posted if all works :grin:

Dell PowerEdge 8-port SAS/SATA adapter is it?

i just bought a Dell H310 and tried to flash to LSI 9211-8i in IT Mode. Never able to flash it with LSI's firmware.

I should know tomorrow night if I can flash my H310. I will let you know my results.....

i just bought a Dell H310 and tried to flash to LSI 9211-8i in IT Mode. Never able to flash it with LSI's firmware.

If it's like my IBM M1015, I wasn't able to flash it with my mobo Gigabyte H77N-Wifi but the flash was successful with an older mobo (no EFI BIOS).

I should know tomorrow night if I can flash my H310. I will let you know my results.....

So, after installing everything once I hit the power button I just got beeps.... Pulled out the H310 and everything booted fine. Booted with Beta 7 HBA IMG on USB Drive and Beta 7.pat via Synology Assistant. Took a few times, but it did come up! Look above for hardware specs..... Now I just need to return H310 and get a better SATA controller.

I received my H310 yesterday and tried to reflash it into 9211-8i/IT. It was a little bit complex... I had to cover its pci-e pins B5/B6 with tape to make it work on non-uefi mobo. Then I flashed it to Dell official HBA firmware with dell's tools (previously killed its own firmware with megarec). Then I flashed it to 9211/IR firmware with lsi's tools. And at last took it to uefi mobo and with efi version of lsiutil flashed it to 9211/IT.

As a result I have 9211/IT from H310. No performance or compatibility problems. But I still need pci-e pins B5/B6 to be covered ,if I want it to work with old non-uefi mobos.

Sorry for offtopic...

@trantor

When will the 4.3-3827 final release arrive ?

Please, please give us (me :wink: ) the stable final Relase of XPEnology DSM 4.3-3827...

Currently I am still use the version 4.3 3810 v4. The 4.3-3827 is still beta and

I need a stable and final version without security holes for my Data NAS...

I understand that you are waiting for a new release, but as mentioned before, we have to wait for guys like Trantor who are doing this in their spare time.

If running a stable and new release is so important for you, you should have bought a Synology device. So please stop wining and asking, that way everybody stays motivated and this cool project stays alive.

Just my 2 cents.

Hello, and thank you very much for this awesome project, you're doing great work here!

I would like to request driver support for some HP Thin Clients (HP T5540/T5545/T5630).

The following hardware is used in the Thin Clients:

VIA VT6130				 "VIA Velocity" VT6130 Gigabit Lan Controller
VIA VT1211				 Super I/O Controller (LPT/COM Port)
VIA VX800				  Mainboard chipset (storage, USB, etc.)
VIA Chrome 9 HC3		 IGP graphics card (integrated in the VX800 Chipset)
Realtek ALC262			Sound codec

via drivers can be downloaded here: http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp

if it matters here is some detail from Linux's /proc/cpuinfo

vendor_id		 :	CentaurHauls
cpu family		:	6
model			  :	13
model name	   :	VIA Eden Processor 1000MHz
stepping		  :	0

Thank you in advance, and thanks again for your work!

Try with this : http://xpenology.trantor.be/beta/zImage-sil_v4.7z

I just coment out the check (noob style ^^).

I doubt it solves the problem but give it a try :wink:

With regards to this driver, v1 and v2 boot, but only show one drive.

v3 and v4 hang in an infinite loop on boot with the following error messages:

ata7.15: SATA link up 3Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 0)
ata7: Apply Synology fast PMP boot
ata7.x failed to resume link
ata7.x COMRESET failed (errno=-5)
ata7.x COMRESET fail, set COMERSET fail flag
ata7.x failed to read SCR2 (Emask=0x40)
ata7.x failed to read SCR2 (Emask=0x40)
ata7.x hard resetting link
ata7.x reset failed (errno=-85), retying in 10secs) 

And it just loops, moving from ata7.00 to ata7.15

Unfortunately, I can't get a dmesg printout as boot never progresses.

I'm using the Sil 3132 eSata controller and the ICYBOX IB-3640 eSata bay.

Ubuntu and Debian both detect and load the port multiplier fine, which is what's consistently been said around the forums.

Not sure if any of that info helps.

Hi,

Just installed the 4.2.3211 version on my ASROCK 4core-dual VSTA, but it doesn't have gigabit lan.

I've got a dlink card DGE-528T but not recognize.

Could you make this device work with your build.

Thank you very much

Hello Echris,

Could you please give e the bios setting of your motherboard ?

Two days I try to install on the same one, with different versions (including this 4.2.3211), but it always hang on 'initrd /rd.gz'

Hello

Can you help me install the xpenology on my Asus motherboard.

I have an Asus M2N32-WS Pro: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2N32_WS_Professional/

I think the problem is with the chipset 590n.

When I try Xpenology on my computer it works well, but when I try to configure the server on my old motherboard it does't work.

On my Asus M5A99X EVO it hangs for 5 min but then everything is OK. If i switch to the old motherboard it hangs at "Attached SCSI".

Can you help me install XPE on my old computer with Asus M2N32-WS Pro motherboard? It would be great to have 9 S-ATA and 2 networks :smile:

I am new to this and everything seams so hard so please, any help would be appreciated :smile:

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...