XPEnology Community

Installing on DELL Poweredge

Hi All,

Today I tried to install XPenology on a Dell poweredge with PERC raid controller. The first steps of the tutorial went well. Running the bootloader from the USB stick succeeded. The diskstation is detected by the synology assistant, but when the webpage opens the the message ' no harddisks detected' pops up. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Offcourse the 2 harddisks are installalled hardware wise and raid was set properly.

Any help is welcome,

Regards,

Sytse

As far as I know the PERC controller is based of a LSI MegaRaid chip.

Try to start with to check if the disks are visible to linux. Type this command:

lsblk

or

lsscsi

If your disks are not listed, then it might be that the necessary driver is not included in the current build or the wrong driver is loaded.

Try to use

lsmod

to see if the mpt2sas, mptsas or a module called something with megaraid is loaded.

To "bind" the hardware to a new driver follow this guide:

Try to follow this guide https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LSI_Embedded_MegaRAID

• 11 months later...
Hi All,

Today I tried to install XPenology on a Dell poweredge with PERC raid controller. The first steps of the tutorial went well. Running the bootloader from the USB stick succeeded. The diskstation is detected by the synology assistant, but when the webpage opens the the message ' no harddisks detected' pops up. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Offcourse the 2 harddisks are installalled hardware wise and raid was set properly.

Any help is welcome,

Regards,

Sytse

Hi Sytse,

do you have an solution for your Problem?

I also want to install DSM 6 on a DELL Server with PERC raid controller (with Jun's Loader).

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...