XPEnology Community
  1. Information

1. Readers News & Rumours

Tell us what is happening out there and share some spicy rumours!

Here you can tell us what you think about the forum or report bugs.

You are completely new to XPEnology and have no idea where to start?

Start by introducing yourself and tell us what you have in mind. 

1. F.A.Q - START HERE

New and don't know where to start? Or perhaps looking for a simple answer?

Here is the perfect place so that you don't waste your precious time... and ours!

Synology released an update? Here you can share with the community if it works.

You are a developper, you want to help and collaborate? Here is the place.

This section is not for support/questions of any sort. Any support request or unrelated topic to actual development will be deleted without warning.

This is the tutorial factory. If you are looking for an answer look here first.
      If you have a question about a thread that's already here, feel free to ask it. Don't start a topic for a specific question. Use the other forums for that. You can post in existing topics but new ones will have to be approved before they show up.
      Quality guides promoting new methods and encouraging users to learn will be approved.

Having issues installing DSM or want to ask a question or share a tip about installing DSM on a specific hardware? Ask your questions here.

So you have successfully installed DSM. You have some issues or simply want to share some tips, well here is the place.

You have a question about Package Center, packages or DSM features?

This is where you need to post.

You have a question about XPEnology that doesn't fit anywhere else? Post here.

Once you are satisfied with an answer please mark it as 'best answer'.

DO NOT hijack others question. Your post will be deleted. Create your own.

Let the hard geek inside yourself express itself. Share with the community your mods or ask your questions about modding here.

Let the soft geek inside yourself express itself. Share with the community your mods or ask your questions about modding here.

1. 51.9k

Hier könnt ihr eure Fragen und Anregungen in Deutsch verfassen

Aquí puedes dejar tus preguntas y sugerencias en español

Qui potete lasciare le vostre domande e suggerimenti in lingua italiana

No members to show

• Latest posts

• Заново поднял и продолжает разработку.
    • Much better is to setup DS3622xs. Yes, you have to select a new model (in loader setup), build a loader, boot into freshly built loader, get into web and migrate to a new model DSM, preferring to save settings.
    • its about dsm being able to "convert" its settings from a aolder ds, version to a more recent one without additional steps (recommanded by synology) the loader is not much involved here as long as it can make dsm run (redpill kernl module on all loaders we unse 6.2.4 an any 7.x) as long as the loader has anough drivers to support the hardware in question ... (ahci sata is part of syno's kernel so any ahci compatible controller will work, so in most cases its about network driver support)   as far as i have seen yes, but i use dva1622 for now (as sa6400 pretty new), sa6400 might have better intel qsv support as its kernel 5.x based and its i915 driver support newer hardware ootb then what comes with kernel 4.x try arc or arc-c for sa6400 https://github.com/AuxXxilium/AuxXxilium/wiki/Arc:-Choose-a-Model-|-Platform#epyc7002---dt only downside might be not beeing able to use VMM with intel cpu (i guess that, not testes it myself and might never do that as if i need really might vm's to run i would choose a "real hypervisor" system like proxmox (esxi by now sees to be out of the race because of broadcom ditching the free version)     more free survailance cam's by default, native intel qsv build in by synology as the system in it original is using gemini lake (with the right cpu that is supported ootb its also easy to use jellyfin or plex, , "AI" stuff ootb in survailance station in the end i do not use  any of that, still options i "could" use (lucky me i had not have to spend all the mony synology asks for a real 1622), but with the loaders you can switch models any time and and dsm will be able to convert everything (usually) as all is x64 based (some specifics about sas hba's or cpu dependent features like intel qsv and amd vmm support)   arpl is on hold for at least a year (and might never come back), arc is good supported,lots of features and easy to use as its menu based (and the wiki is helpful too - people should use it more often), it might get confusing with all the options but there is the wiki, youtube, this forum and discord ...   nothing different in result, as long as the loader is configured the right way (model) you will not see much difference as dsm is doing your jobs and somem things like care for some special problems might not be different between maintained loaders as its open source and new knowledge about how to fix quirks are shared and might find there way in your specific loader overtime (but in most cases you find the loader that work now for you and you look for new stuff 2 years after the or even later)        
    • C hasswell вроде начиналось, но я уже не помню, кто младше )
    • yeah, already found it indeed on web archive back then
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ajrkaffir

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts