XPEnology Community
  1. Information

1. Readers News & Rumours

Tell us what is happening out there and share some spicy rumours!

Here you can tell us what you think about the forum or report bugs.

You are completely new to XPEnology and have no idea where to start?

Start by introducing yourself and tell us what you have in mind. 

1. F.A.Q - START HERE

New and don't know where to start? Or perhaps looking for a simple answer?

Here is the perfect place so that you don't waste your precious time... and ours!

Synology released an update? Here you can share with the community if it works.

You are a developper, you want to help and collaborate? Here is the place.

This section is not for support/questions of any sort. Any support request or unrelated topic to actual development will be deleted without warning.

This is the tutorial factory. If you are looking for an answer look here first.
      If you have a question about a thread that's already here, feel free to ask it. Don't start a topic for a specific question. Use the other forums for that. You can post in existing topics but new ones will have to be approved before they show up.
      Quality guides promoting new methods and encouraging users to learn will be approved.

Having issues installing DSM or want to ask a question or share a tip about installing DSM on a specific hardware? Ask your questions here.

So you have successfully installed DSM. You have some issues or simply want to share some tips, well here is the place.

You have a question about Package Center, packages or DSM features?

This is where you need to post.

You have a question about XPEnology that doesn't fit anywhere else? Post here.

Once you are satisfied with an answer please mark it as 'best answer'.

DO NOT hijack others question. Your post will be deleted. Create your own.

Let the hard geek inside yourself express itself. Share with the community your mods or ask your questions about modding here.

Let the soft geek inside yourself express itself. Share with the community your mods or ask your questions about modding here.

1. 51.5k

Hier könnt ihr eure Fragen und Anregungen in Deutsch verfassen

Aquí puedes dejar tus preguntas y sugerencias en español

Qui potete lasciare le vostre domande e suggerimenti in lingua italiana

• Latest posts

• Bonjour   Vu le nombre de pages, c'est bien mais difficile de s'y retrouver, serait-il possible de refaire un tuto. En vous remerciant d'avance.   Bonne journée.
    • I would like to once again urgently point out the need to back up every DOM of Synology + models. It's done in a few seconds. Simply run via SSH with root: dd if=/dev/synoboot of=/volume1/myShare/DS412+synoboot-6.2.4u5.img where "myShare" is your share for general purpose. Of course, it only makes sense if the file is then downloaded from the Synology to another location.    
    • Проверял на Plex и на SS (DVA1622). Сама ESXi мне не понравилась .. то заработает, то после перезагрузки что-то отвалиться, не стабильная... Ставить на рабочею машину не рискнул.
    • Came back to answer the question and the answer is probably a no, I didn't try it.  My thinking is that the driver seems to be to use the listed hardware and emulate so the virtual DMS can use it.   What I did instead was use the following github project.  It's actually pretty easy to do, just read the readme and if you get stuck, the author is pretty responsive.  The only problem I ran into was that there is one command where you change root and then try to get some data from the repo (if I recall correctly) and it can't because it can't verify certificates. One can download the repo before then, placing it into the root you'll use later.    https://github.com/tabrezm/r8125-synology   Though there seems to be minimal changes to the driver to get it to compile, I'm not sure it would work for everything.  Also my NAS can use newer version of the driver, while the author has not been able to do the same.  I'm probably not going to continue looking at this since I got it working and my needs for the NAS seem to need more power... time to look at what this XPEnology project is actually all about!
    • Salut  Je viens de suivre ce tuto pour la remise a zero de mon NAS et passage a DSM 7 Il tourne avec SHR avec 4x4to + 1x3To et j'ai un gros soucis de vitesse d'acces.   Apres avoir réimporté mes données, Je viens de lancer un Rsync pour en faire un backup sur un DS712 et je tourne entre 5 et 15mo/s en moyen en transfert sur du gigabit. Depuis mes machines, idem, debit vraiment naze. En DSM 6, j'avais 40 a 50 Mo/s et justement j'suis reparti de zero pour espérer pouvoir taper les 100Mo/s théoriquement possible.  Un conseil a me donner ? 
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Javisolivo

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts